Mother Nature stores many secrets for us humans. If we take a look at our kitchen, it is a treasure trove for our beauty and health. So I would like to share one of my favourite DIY hair mask recipe which makes my dry and lifeless hair go smooth and shiny just like that.
Here is what you need:
- Two fully ripped bananas
- 2 tablespoons natural honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Here is what you do:
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until they form a they form a pasty texture
- Melt coconut oil and honey together in a bowl with double boiling method (placing the bowl containing the ingredients over in a pan containing very hot water). You can melt them in a microwave but I prefer the double boiling method.
- Combine all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Part your hair in section and apply the mask with your hands starting from roots and going all the way down to the tips. Make sure no part goes unapplied.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or just tie them in soft bun.
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes but I say the longer the better (like 60 minutes).
- Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Rinse very well to make sure you get rid of all the chunks. Then comb your hair gently with fingers to get rid of all the residue.
- Pat dry with towel and feel the difference. It’s time to flaunt your shiny flocks.
Secret behind these products:
Coconut oil is a great blessing. It is rich in fatty acids and vitamin E which nourishes the scalp and make hair smooth and fizz-free. Its bacteria fighting properties leaves your hair all clean and fresh. Regular use of coconut oil would do wonders for your hair.
Bananas are packed with potassium. They add life to your hair. They are also filled with natural oils and carbohydrates which makes hair healthy and improves their elasticity which results in less breakage.
Honey is a natural anti-oxidant. It promotes hair growth. It is an emollient which strengthens the hair follicles. It is also filled with vitamins and minerals so contributes greatly to achieve more healthy and shiny hair.